Cook Time: 40 minutes
Special Notes: A sweet and savoury delight.
|Oven with grill|
|Ingredients||4 servings||1-2 servings|
|Soy Sauce||½ cup (125ml)||¼ cup (50ml)|
|Mirin Sauce||½ cup (125ml)||¼ cup (50ml)|
|Water||¼ cup (50ml)||25 ml|
|Honey||2 tbsp||1 tbsp|
|Sesame seads (optional)|
- Place skewers in water to soak (this avoids burning of the skewers). If you don´t do this, then cover the ends of the skewers with aluminium foil which will have the same effect
- Mix all liquid ingredients and then bring to a boil
- Once boiling, turn heat down to low and then simmer and reduce for 20-30 mins until the sauce is thick. Allow to cool. Separate the sauce into two different bowls (60%-40%)
- Cut chicken thighs into medium to small cubes and place them onto the skewers
- Baste (paint) the chicken with the thickened sauce and allow to sit for at least 30 minutes
- Place skewers under the grill and cook for 6 minutes. Baste with the sauce and cook for another 4 minutes. This allows the sauce to caramelise.
- Turn the chicken over and baste the other side with sauce and cook for another 4-5 minutes
- Remove from oven/grill and pour reserved sauce over and serve immediately
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional) before serving.