Cook Time: 25 mins
Special Notes: A crumbly and rich pastry that can be used for sweet or savoury recipes (Quiche Lorraine - Chocolate Tartlets etc.).
To Sift Cubes Sand Smooth To Handle To Melt To Rest
|Hand Blender (large cup)||Rolling Pins|
|Plastic film (Oven strength)|
- Sift flour and icing sugar and place inside large hand blender cup. Add salt directly into cup.
- Cut the butter (must be cold) into small cubes and place into blender cup along with flour etc.
- Blend on low speed until the texture is sand like and there are no traces of butter or lumps of butter visible. Continue to blend if necessary.
- Remove from blending cup and place into a bowl and add the wet ingredients (eggs and water).
- Using your hands, integrate all the incredients delicately until it becomes a smooth and even mass. Be careful not to handle the pastry for long periods of time as it will heat up and melt the butter.
- Place in the fridge to rest.