Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Special Notes: A quick and easy way to make delicious pizza dough
|Full Ingredients (4-6 pizzas)||1-2 Pizzas|
|Flour – 1kg||1 cup (150gr – heaped cup)|
|Yeast – 30gr||4.5 gr|
|Oil – 100ml||15ml ( tbsp)|
|Salt – 1 tsp (15gr)||Pinch|
|Water – 500ml||70 ml|
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the salt. Make a hole in the middle and create an inverted volcano with the flour.
- Add a few drops of water to the fresh yeast and mix into a liquid. Add oil and rest of water (water must be warm – 40º-45º) and then add into hole created within the flour.
- Using your fingers or spoon, stir and mix the flour and water together bit by bit in circular motions.
- Once mixed together, using your hands, kneed (fold and push with the palm of your hand) the dough until you obtain a smooth and soft texture. Do this for between 5 – 10 minutes.
NOTE: It shouldn´t stick to your hands. If it´s too sticky, there is too much moisture and you need to add more flour. If it´s very dry and “sandy”, there is too much flour so you need to add more water.
- Once a soft, smooth and uniform texture has been achieved, place the dough in a bowl and cover with plastic or a damp tea towel. Allow this to rest for at least 1hr in a warm part of the kitchen. The dough should double in size.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough ensuring that you use flour on the top and bottom (of the dough) so that it is approximately 3-4mm thick. Add tomato, cheese and any topping that you desire.
- Cook in the lowest part of the oven for 10 minutes at 200ºC