Cook Time: 30 mins
Special Notes: A creamy, smooth chocolate experience
|Bowl for microwave or bane marie|
|Mixing bowls (2)|
|Tbsp + Tsp|
|Whisk (electric if posible)|
|Ingredients||3 small cups||8 small cups|
|Eggs||1 (50ml)||3 (150ml)|
|Sugar||20gr (1 tbsp)||60gr (3 tbsp)|
|Cacao||½ tsp||1.5 tsp|
|Grated chocolate (optional)||As desired|
- Melt butter and chocolate together on a bain-marie or in intervals of 30 seconds in the microwave. Reserve.
- Whip the cream so that it is about ¾ whipped. It should be smooth and fluffy but with no peaks. Reserve.
- Mix the eggs and sugar (preferably with an electric whisk) until it doubles in volume.
- Using a spatula, fold in cacao and chocolate (now cool).
- Add cream (re-whip if necessary to ¾) and add to chocolate mix in 2-3 stages folding continuously using a spatula until you achieve a homogenous chocolate mix.
- Put into the cups using a spoon and spatula and refrigerate for at least 1hr.