Cook Time: 4 minutes
Special Notes: GLUTEN FREE!!! Crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. Delish...
Nuts, Sweetener, Whites and Yokes, Cutter, Crunchy, Parchment Paper, Rolling Pin
Bowls, spoons, Parchment Paper, Rolling Pins, Oven
|Ingredients||4-5 Cookies||8-10 Cookies||20-30 Cookies||Equipment required|
|Egg Whites||7.5gr (1 tsp)||15gr (1 tbsp)||90gr||Baking paper|
|Icing||30gr (2 tbsp)||60gr (3 tbsp)||375gr||Rolling Pins|
|Almond Powder||30gr (3 tbsp)||60gr (6 tbsp)||375gr||Brush|
|Cocoa Powder||¾ tsp||1 tsp||60gr||Spoons|
|Eggs||Brush on top||Mixing bowls|
|Brown Sugar||Sprinkle on top||Oven|
- Mix the egg whites and icing sugar until smooth.
- Add the almond powder and cocoa and mix until a homogenous dough is formed.
- Put the dough between 2 pieces of baking paper and roll out until it is between 1-2mm thick.
- Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a baking tray.
- Paint tops of cookies with egg and then sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for 4 minutes at 200º. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
These cookies are soft in the middle which is why they are cooked at a high temperature for such a short time. This allows the outside to go crunchy and the middle to stay soft.